We are conscious that this may be a difficult and worrying time for you and wish to reassure you that Bon Secours Hospitals remain open and committed to safe delivery of care during the Level 5 restrictions announced on 19th October 2020.
Travel outside of your county for medical and/or surgical care is permitted. Healthcare is essential in this pandemic and does not infringe the restrictions.
The current pandemic situation will continue for many months unfortunately. Therefore, it is not sustainable to put off forever other necessary treatments, clinic appointments or procedures. We would urge you not to overly delay healthcare issues as it may be storing up other problems for the future.
After many months of experience, we have developed as stream-lined and as safe as possible pathways for our patients.
Be assured that we are taking every precaution to keep our patients and staff safe.
Our colleagues will provide you with any necessary documentation and paperwork so you can get to our hospitals for your procedures, clinics, treatments and appointments.
COVID-19 testing is available at all of our hospitals for our patients and is covered by all Private Health Insurers. We have put many structures in place to ensure social distancing, infection control and enhanced safety measures. We endeavour to ensure that each person feels safe and relaxed on their visit to our Hospitals.
Other steps that we are taking:
• Adhering to national and best practice guidance on the use of masks and social distancing.
• Mapping all clinical areas to ensure adequate spacing between beds and chairs and to ensure safe flows for patients in and out with minimal contact with others
• Segregated entry pathways for certain patients(e.g. Oncology)
• Use of perspex screens in non-clinical areas
• Equipping our highly trained staff with the appropriate level of PPE
• Additional rigorous cleaning and decontamination measures
• Symptom screening all patients all the time
• Judicial use of isolation rooms to limit in-patient contact
• Enhanced measures for all who are undergoing an aerosol generating procedure or are being admitted overnight
• COVID-19 testing any patient transfers from other facilities to ensure that we limit infection exposure
• Special measures for all higher risk categories(cancer patients, overnight surgery, immunosuppressed)
• Visitor access suspended
As we always would, but especially now for social distancing requirements, we kindly ask patients who are attending for out-patient appointments, day case procedures or inpatients to arrive on time for your appointment. If you arrive early please wait in your car until your appointment time.
All patients will be asked a series of questions about COVID-19 in advance and at the hospital as part of our safe symptom screening process. All are required to wear a mask which will be provided during your time in the hospital.
To download the COVID Tracker App for Ireland click here.