Dr Ciaran Healy is a Consultant Radiologist at the Bon Secours Hospital Tralee. Dr Healy graduated from the Royal College of Surgeons in 2001. Following graduation, Dr Healy carried out his Specialist training in Ireland and in Canada, completing training schemes at Beaumont Hospital Dublin, The Mater Hospital Dublin, St Paul’s Hospital and Vancouver General Hospital in Vancouver. Dr Healy is the author of 18 peer-reviewed publications, and has presented at many national and international conferences. Dr Healy is a member of the Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology Society of Europe (CIRSE), the European Society of Radiolgy (ESR), the European Association of Endoscopic Surgery, the Radiology Society of North America (RSNA), the American College of Radiology (ACR) and the Society of Cardiac CT. Dr. Healy joined the Specialist Registry of the Irish Medical Council in 2015.
Dr Healy has a specialist interest in all aspects of radiology. Dr Healy is vastly experienced in body imaging, chest and abdominal imaging and body intervention.
- M.B. , B.C.h , B.A.O (N.U.I.), L.R.C.P & S.I. (2001)
- M.R.C.S (2004)
- M.D. (Doctorate of Medicine) NUI 2007
- F.F.R.R.C.S.I (2013)
- Beaumont Hospital Dublin
- Mater Misericordiae Hospital Dublin
- Connolly Hospital, Blanchardstown, Dublin
- St Pauls Hospital Vancouver, Canada
- Vancouver General Hospital, Canada
- First Place in Graduating Class, Royal College of Surgeons 2001.
- The Desmond Murray Gold Medal and Council Prize 2001.
- First Place and Silver Medal in Paediatrics 2001.
- Edward J Guiney Medal in Paediatric Surgery 2001.
- Sir William Wheeler Memorial Medal in Surgery 2001.
- The Reuben Harvey Prize 2001.
- The Dominic Corrigan Memorial Medal for Proficiency in Medicine 2001.
- The Desmond Lyons Memorial Medal for Proficiency in Surgery 2001.
- The Robert McDonnell Memorial Medal for Proficiency in Surgery 2001.
- Our Lady’s Crumlin Hospital prize for 1st plave in Paediatrics 2001.
- Royal Academy of Medicine Ireland (RAMI), Surgical Section, Registrar’s Prize Winner, Royal College of Surgeons 2006.
- Royal Society of Medicine (RSM) , Coloproctology Section, Irish Travelling Fellow Prize, Prague 2006
- Winner of American Society of Colorectal Surgery Research Prize, Annual Meeting, St. Louis, Missouri 2007.
Back to top
- A Case of pancreatic carcinoma with a favourable response to treatment. C.F. Healy, D.S. Leonard, HH Osborne, J.M. Deasy. Ir J Med Sci, 2003, Vol 172 (3) 156
- PNET of the Hallux. J.F. Quinlan, C.F. Healy, D. Royston, P. Murray. Ir J Med Sci 2004 (97);4:118
- Primary Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Breast: the value of Positron Emission Tomography in confirming the diagnosis. C.F. Healy, L Feely, E Leen, T.N. Walsh, Clin Breast Cancer 2006, 7(5): 413-415
- The effects of low-frequency endo-anal electrical stimulation on faecal incontinence: a prospective trial. C.F. Healy, A.E. Brannigan, E.M. Connolly, M Eng, M O’Sullivan, C Cusack, J.M. Deasy. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2006 Dec;21(8):802-6
- Transfusion requirements and outcomes in patients undergoing abdominal aortic surgery using intra- operative cell salvage. C.F. Healy, M. Doyle, B. Egan, B. Hendrick, M.K. O’ Malley, M.K. O’ Donohoe. Ir J Med Sci 2007 Mar:176(1)33-6
- Experimental Models of Neuropathic Fecal Inctoninence: An animal Model of Childbirth Injury to the Pudendak Nerve and External Anal Sphincter. C.F. Healy, P.R.O’Connell, C. O’Herlihy, J.F. Jones, Dis Colon Rectum. 2008 Sept 9 (E pub ahead of print)
- External and sphincter fatigue is not improved by N-Acetylcysteine in an animal model. C.F. Healy, C. McMorrow, C. O’Herlihy, P.R. O’Connell, J.F. Jones, Neurogastroenterology and Motil. 2008 Jun;20(6):719-24
- Effects of prolonged vaginal distention and sphincter transection on physiologic function of the external anal sphincter in an animal model. Pierce C, Healy CF, O’Herlihy C, O’Connell PR, Jones JX. Obstet Gynecol 2008. Oct; 112(4):934-4
- Lack of Awareness of oesophageal carcinoma among the public in Ireland. S.C. Fitzgerald, M Al Sahaf, H Furlong, K Pennycook, C Healy, T.N. Walsh, Ir J Med, Sci 2008.
- Sacral Nerve Stimulation for faecal inctoninenc. J.M. O’Riordan, C.F. Healy, A.E. Brannigan, P.R. O’Connell, Ir Med Sci 2008 Jun;177(2):117-9
- Reduced somatosensory cortical activation in experimental models of neuropathic faecal incontinence. Pierce C, Healy C.F., O’Herlihy C, O’Connell P.R., Jones J.F. Dis Colon Rectum. 2009 Aug;52(8):1417-22
- Multiple Myeloma-A review of imaging features and radiological technique. C.F. Healy, J.G. Murray, S.J. Eustace, J. Madewell, P. O’Gorman, P O’Sullivan, Bone Marrow, Research, 2011.
- Spontaneous Bronchopleural Fistula caused by a cavitating rheumatoid mass. Journal of Rheumatology, 2015 Jan; 42 (1) 138-8
- Subpubic Cartilaginous Cyst: A Rare Sub-Clitoral Mass. Healy CF, Pang E, Bakhsh S, White L, McAlpine JN, Yee WC, Harris AC. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2016 Feb;38(2):102-3.
- An Unusual "Collision Tumour" of the Prostate Gland and Rectum. Healy CF, Ferguson D, Mohammed MF, Waterhouse J, Harris AC. Can J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016;2016:7486473.
- National Audit on CT Colonography Practices in Ireland. A.E. Smyth, C.F. Healy, E Aherne, P Macmathuna, M.M. Morrin, H.M. Fenlon. Ir Med J. 2016 Jun 10;109(6):419.