Exciting times at the Bon Secours Hospital Dublin as building work commences on expanding our Medical Assessment Unit (MAU).
The MAU opened in Summer 2016 to provide medical patients (with a GP referral) timely access to consultant assessment, medical care and admission if required to the hospital. As the MAU has got increasingly busy, it has outgrown its original infrastructure and the expansion will ensure we can meet the increasing demand for the service.
The MAU is open as usual and has relocated within the hospital during the course of the building works which are expected to be completed at the end of September. Admitting hours are 8am to 4pm daily for patients requiring assessment of conditions including:
- Chest pain or Cardiac problems incl. palpitations or angina
- Respiratory conditions including shortness of breath, asthma, possible pneumonia or COPD
- Flu like illnesses
- Headaches, dizziness, collapse or mini-stroke (TIA)
- Anaemia / unexplained weight loss or gain
- Infections such as cellulitis, urinary tract or kidney infections
- Acute gastrointestinal problems, such as bleeding ulcers or liver disease
- Uncontrolled diabetes or thyroid disease
- Possible DVTs
- Rheumatology Disorders
Further detalls about the MAU are availble here