Dr Vincent Geary is a Consultant Anaesthetist who carried out his Specialist training in the US and in Ireland. Dr Geary was a senior Fellow at the Surgical Intensive Care Unit of the Cleveland Clinic Foundation USA. Here, Dr Geary was responsible for all aspects of patient care and the day-to-day running of the unit. Dr Geary also organised the continuing medical education of both students and postgraduates at the Cleveland Clinic, including a weekly journal club.
Dr Geary completed a Fellowship in cardiac Anaesthesia at the Albany Medical Centre in New York, where he gained extensive experience in the management of all forms of the elective and emergency paediatric and adult cardiac anesthesia. In the same year, Dr Geary co-authored and published numerous articles and received ‘The Outstanding Anesthesia Resident of the Year’ award.
Dr Geary has worked Saudi Arabia, where he was appointed Director of the Intensive Care Unit at the Al Hada Hospital. He was also Chairman of the ICU Committee, a member of the Infection Control Committee and Medical Advisor to the Respiratory Therapy Department.
Dr Geary has a Specialist interest in Perioperative Coagulopathies and the high-dependancy/ intensive care mangement of the surgical patient.
- MB, B Ch, BAO (1982)
- F.F.A.R.C.S.I (1986)
- F.M.G.E.M.S (1987)
- F.L.EX. (1989)
- A.T.L.S (1993)
- A.C.L.S (1994)
- Diploma American Board of Anesthesiology (1995)
- Board Certification in Critical Care (1997)
- Cork Regional Hospital
- Albany Medical College in New York
- Meath Hospital
- St Patrick Dun’s Hospital
- St Vincent’s Hospital
- Jervis Street Hospital
- Rotunda Hospital
- Our Lady’s Hospital for Sick Children
- Mater Misercordiae Hospital, Dublin
- St James’s Hospital
- Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, U.S.A
- Al Hada Hospital, Talif, Saudi Arabia
- Beaumont Hospital,Dublin
- King Faisal Specialist Hospital, Riyadh , Saudi Arabia
- Portiuncula Hospital, Ballinasloe, Ireland
- Monaghan General Hospital, Ireland
Back to top
- Hemostasis and Coagulation-component parts and control – submitted to Anesthesiology
- Blood usage in 3215 patients undergoing coronary revascularization submitted to Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Anesthesia.
- “Esmolol in Tetraology of Fallo, Journal of Cardiothoracic Anesthesia” (1989)
- “Heparin induced Thrombocytopenia: A Complication of Heparin Coated
- Pulmonary Artery Catheters” Journal of Cardiothoracic Anesthesia (1990)
- “The Use of Angiotensin II to Treat Profound Hypotension in a Patient on Amiodarone” Journal of Cardiothoracic Anesthesia (1990)
- “The Use of Angiotensin II to Treat Profound Hypotension in a Patient on Amiodarone” Journal of Cardiothoracic Anesthesia” (1990)
- “Predeposited autologous blood use reduced frequency of homologous blood transfusion without haemodynamic compromise in cardiac surgical patients”. Oral presentation- American Society of Anesthesiologists Annual Meeting(1990)