Job Title: Respiratory Physiologist
Reporting to: Chief Respiratory Physiologist
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Job Summary: To provide an efficient reliable and quality respiratory/Sleep diagnostic testing service. The fundamental philosophy guiding this position is to promote and preserve the Bon Secours Mission values and ethos.
- Conduct the assigned respiratory and sleep tests to a high standard of safety adhering to departmental policies at all times.
- Conduct routine calibration, quality control and preventative maintenance.
- Highlight abnormal and/or inconsistent results to the senior staff member/supervisor and take corrective action, if necessary.
- Prepare patient for procedures and undertake education where necessary e.g. teaching patient how to use home monitoring devices and therapy devices such as inhalers.
- Record and compile results in an accurate and timely manner for reporting by medical staff.
- Maintain adequate and accurate patient files to facilitate efficient retrieval of previous and current test reports when required. Undertake clerical duties where appropriate e.g. filing reports, making appointments.
- Comply with infection control best practice guidelines and manufacturers recommendations with respect to equipment cleaning and maintenance.
- Attend in-service lectures e.g. fire safety, CPR, lifting course and any other lectures/seminars to maintain and improve knowledge and skills.
- Comply with best practice and health and safety regulations to ensure safe working practices.
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with the values of the hospital.
- Maintain throughout the hospital an awareness of the confidentiality of the patient in relation to all hospital activities.
- Maintain good communication and liaise effectively with all departments and relevant external organisations ensuring the delivery of a quality service.
- As medical procedures change and new developments are introduced the post holder must endeavour to update his/her knowledge and training accordingly.
- Assist in the induction and training of new staff as required.
- Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required.
Candidate must: -
Possess the BSc in Clinical Measurement Science from Dublin Institute of Technology or equivalent as confirmed by the Irish Institute of Clinical Measurement Science (IICMS)
(II) Possess the Certificate in Medical Physics and Physiological Measurement (MPPM) from Dublin Institute of Technology or equivalent as confirmed by the Irish Institute of Clinical Measurement Science (IICMS)
(III) Possess an equivalent relevant scientific qualification (Level 8) as confirmed by the Irish Institute of Clinical Measurement Science (IICMS)
- Must become fully engaged in the technical work of the department
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Ability to work on their own initiative or as part of a team
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills