Summary of Key Duties
- Collect and transport used medical devices from user areas.
- Clean trolleys and storage shelves, AERs and all other equipment within the department to required standard.
- Decontaminate used medical devices using mechanical and manual methods.
- Inspect and function test devices reporting any discrepancies or faults.
- Assemble and pack endoscopes for Procedure Rooms and Theatre.
- Decontaminate and issue medical devices in accordance with relevant procedures.
- Deliver processed devices to end users.
- Stock supply shelves and assist with stock control and requisitioning.
- Maintain records where appropriate in line with department policy, including electronic traceability.
- Comply with Health & Safety Regulations and ensure safe working practices.
- Implement quality standards ensuring that a quality service is provided at all times.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required.
- Participate in collecting data for audits.
The post holder must maintain the confidentiality of information about patients, staff and other health service business in accordance with Hospital Policy.
This job description is a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review, amendments and flexibility to meet the changing needs of the service.
- A pass Leaving Certificate together with excellent interpersonal/communication skills and a willingness to work in a team environment is essential.
- FETAC Level 5 Health Care Support Certificate is an essential requirement for this role. Also be prepared to study for a Certificate in Science.
- Previous experience as a Healthcare Assistant.
- Interest in the field of decontamination and endoscopy.
- Good IT skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good team worker.
- Attention to detail.
For a more detailed job description please contact the Maria Roban, Endoscopy Manager on extn. 4807. Interested applicants should submit a letter and C.V. addressed to the Director of Nursing, Bon Secours Hospital, Glasnevin, Dublin 9 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th February 2019.
Bon Secours Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer