The Cardiology Department provides a high quality service for patients with suspected Cardiac disease throughout Kerry. We provide a wide range of Diagnostic, invasive and non-invasive procedures. Our service caters for in-patients, out-patients, referrals from other hospitals and GP’s by appointment.
Hours of service:
The Cardiology Department is operating on a Monday to Friday capacity from 9.00am to 5.00pm.
- ECG (Echocardiography) Recording.
- Holter (24 hour), BP (24 hour) and Event (7 day) Monitoring.
- Exercise Stress Testing.
- Transthoracic Echocardiography.
- Transoesophageal (TOE) Echocardiography.
- Exercise Stress Echocardiography.
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography.
- Contrast Echocardiography.
- Pacemaker, ICD and Loop Recorder device follow-up clinic.
Scope of Services:
The Cardiology service is available to all General Practitioners. These services are delivered by an interdisciplinary team, which includes:
- Bon Secours Tralee is a training site of the Irish Heart Foundation. Training in basic life support for family and friends, heartsaver AED and Healthcare provider level is offered.
Advanced cardiac Life Support courses are offered twice a year for healthcare professionals involved in front line acute care.